There are 7 championship races. Maximum of three events will count towards the Championship. Swale Tri Club committee have selected the championship distance for each race, but members can select other distances, points will be awarded according to distance selected. Please refer to point 3.1 for more details on the scoring system.
1. There are two categories within the Club Championship: Ladies’ & Men’s
2. Club Championship will run from April to November 2023
3. SCORING SYSTEM
3.1 CHAMPIONSHIP RACES: The scoring system will be the same for both categories. The first athlete home for the targeted distance receives 30 points, the second 29 and so on. If there are different distances within the same event, points will be allocated from the shortest distance to the longest distance, then team/relay. Points will vary depending on the number of athletes entering each distance. The main scoring distance has been selected by the Committee and is indicated on the planner.
For example: Ocean Lake Aquathlon, has two different options, Standard and Longer Distance. The selected race is Standard distance. (The example shows three people in each distance, if there are more or less in each distance the points will reflect this).
The athlete with the quickest time taking part in the Standard distance, will receive 30 points, the second 29, third 28.
The athlete with the quickest time taking part in the Longer distance, will receive 27 points, the second 26, third 25.
3.2 If any discipline of a race is cancelled on the day due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances, the team members who have already committed to compete will not be penalised and still be awarded the same points.
3.3 If the whole event is cancelled no points will be awarded.
3.4 DNF’s will not receive any points.
4. At the end of the season your best 3 scores out of the 7 Championship Races will be calculated to make up your final score.
5. Positions within races are decided by chip times. If chip times are not available, gun times will be used.
6. All points awarded for races are provisional, pending the Athlete paying a full year’s subscription.
7. It is a member’s responsibility to submit their race times on the online form, by the end of each calendar month using the link provided on the Club website. Times submitted after this date will not count towards Championship points.
8. As soon as the CCC has reviewed the times and updated the results, these will be published on the Facebook Group. It is the members’ responsibility to query any times and request any corrections within 14 days of publishing on the Facebook group.
Good luck and enjoy.